Monday, March 10, 2014

Burnham'S Web Site



I tried to get to burnham.com today and it forwarded me to their commercial boiler web site. Anyone know whats going on? I'm trying to look at the specs on their radiators.

Weird. I found their web site. They moved it to U.S. Boiler Company is a leading manufacturer of home heating equipment, water boilers, steam boilers, hot water heaters, radiators and boiler control systems.. I'm not sure why they did that, or why they didn't provide an easy means of finding their new location. Didn't even come up in the search engines.
...

Burnham's new website is U.S. Boiler Company is a leading manufacturer of home heating equipment, water boilers, steam boilers, hot water heaters, radiators and boiler control systems. due to name change of the company. It is now Burnham by US Boiler. This is due to restructure of all the companies they own...New Yorker boiler, Crown Boiler, Thermopride warm air furnace, Bryan water tube Boiler, Thermal solutions Copper Tube boiler, Burnham Residential, Burnham Commercial Cast Iron, Burnham Industrial Steel plus foundry, sheet metal shops etc.
This is a brand new website so the search should be working now.

I search burnham in the search engines and the new site doesn't come up. I can respect the reason why they changed things around, but not having the new site easily found is poor web site design. It's no secret that going to burnham.com is how you got to see the residential products in the past. To have that address forward to the commercial web site with no indication on find the residential site is no good. It doesn't take much to stick a link somewhere saying Looking for our residential products? Click here. I'm complaining to try and see it improved. I'm more internet savvy than the general public and I found it difficult to find. In my opinion, the web site design team/company should get yelled at for not knowing better.

I just tried it myself... but when I searched on Burnham Boiler the new site did come up in the search, right at the top. So, maybe they just need a few extra keywords and let the crawlers find it.
I agree though... until the crawlers find the new site, there should be a door on the commercial side that leads to the residential side.
Droo, didja click on those circles numbers down on the lower left? Where did those take ya? Nowhere? ha ha , yeah, me too!

I was pretty sure I tried burnham boiler earlier this evening with no luck so I double checked. The new website did not come up for me on yahoo or google. And I don't even see those numbers in the lower left you mention.

Ya know what's even funnier? I clicked the contact us link to send them an email with your suggestions (I signed your name to it too! ha ha j/k) ... and guess what came back to me?
Return to sender... address unknown... no such number... no such zone...
and I couldn't even FIND a 'contact us' on the residential site.

They have one on the residential site. Maybe if you put your reading glasses on and look at the bottom of the page. They have a link in real tiny print. A nice light gray on white background. You will have to make a few more clicks after that if you want to send an email rather than a letter or make a phone call.

ehhh? whatsh that ya shay shonny? yer seeing flashes?
How many times haves you visited our website?:
I don't know! I didn't count how many times I haves visited!






Tags: burnham, site, residential site, Boiler Company, Boiler Company leading, Boiler Company leading manufacturer, Boiler Company leading manufacturer home, boiler control, boiler control systems, boilers steam, boilers steam boilers, boilers steam boilers water, boilers steam boilers water heaters, boilers water